Highland on the Rideau Solo RegistrationNotes:
- Judges to be an announced
- Prizes – Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each contest
- The fee for all solo events is $7.50. The fee for trio is $15.00 per trio
- Online registrations will be closed at 5:00 pm June 16. Field registration will be available for $15.00 per event. However, you must register at least 30 minutes before the event start time.
- Please read and understand! The order of play is the reverse from the registration order. If you were last to register, then your name will be last on the list and you will be first to play. See the list of registered competitors.
- Once you have registered, please check to make sure that your name has been added and for the correct events. Please allow a few minutes for the list to be updated (you may need to refresh your browser). If there are any errors or omissions, contact the contest registrar.
- The assigned judge, start time and location will be determined by the Thursday before the contest day. Afterwards, see the list of registered competitors for updates.
- All competitors must register in their PPBSO recognized grade.
- No competitor (piper or drummer) will be permitted to play up a grade.
- Competitors in the practice pad and practice chanter events must never have competed in a piping or drumming event.
- Adult novice must be over 40 and have never competed in a grade 5 or higher piping event.
- Open trio is for 2 pipes and 1 snare drum. It will be judged by 1 piping judge and 1 drumming judge. The scores from each judge will weight equally, but the piping score will be used to break a tie.
Contact the contest registrar: e-mail